Open relationships are becoming more common today. The most common form of which is non-monogamy. Transforming a traditional relationship to a non-monogamous one requires that each partner agree on mutually agreed boundaries.
While there don’t have to be boundaries in an open relationship, it’s not advisable to leave the gates of discretion wide open. Most people need rules and boundaries to keep things on an even keel. When you’re taking the feelings of your partner into consideration, this doubly important.
Here are some sample rules that couples can use when embarking on a non-monogamous journey…
Rules Of The (Non-Monogamous) Road
- No friends or colleagues. This could make things go bad really fast and should be avoided at all costs.
- Vacation sex should include both partners. If one person hooks up with another, the other half of the couple gets to as well. Don’t spoil your vacation with jealousy.
- They’re not mom or dad, nor should they be. If you have kids, your hookup partner should not interact with your kids or be around when they’re awake. If you have your kid(s) on the night of a hookup, make sure they’re sleeping before your hookup partner arrives.
- No overnight stays for guests. That gets weird fast and can lead to one person developing feelings for someone else. Avoid that.
- Limited bang frequency. If you like your hookup partner, you can get together with them once per week for the first month. Thereafter, the frequency drops to once every two weeks. That keeps things interesting and prevents jealousy in your long-term partner.
- Condom usage required – always. No need for a long discussion on that.
Additional Rules For The Hotwife
Non-monogamous women are often referred to as a “Hotwife”. Here are some rules their man might put in place:
- Take photos of your outfit before you get together. Your man wants to see what you’re going to surprise your date with.
- Take photos of you both in action. If your man wants you to be a Hotwife, it means that he gets turned on by the thought of others being with you. Show him some love and provide him with the pictures/videos he wants.
- Honor special requests. If your man asks you to pass special requests along to your hookup partner, do so.